Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blog #1

The college residence life, you would think everything would be much easier: going to class, staying on task with homework, and having the time to be with friends. Well that’s what I thought but not everything is the way we think it is. The Summer Scholars Program proved me wrong.
The first week of the program was so much fun. I got to experience meeting new people and trusting them. At first I felt weird talking to them because I am usually shy. We went to the Camp Carol Joy Holling in Ashland. At the camp I learned to trust people and they learned to trust me. After I trusted my group team I began to feel more comfortable with all of them. For others it took a while to trust on them. This experience showed me to trust people easier and if they trust me to not let them down.
After the first couple of days full of fun the truth about college came out. I had college classes on Monday and so I had to start going to bed earlier. It was hard trying to go to bed early because during the whole day we had activities which delayed us from doing our homework. Sometimes I ended up going to sleep so late because I would stay up so late doing my homework. I am now working on managing my time in order to get my homework done. Having to manage my time wisely will help me but I also know that I will have to sacrifice somethings.

No comments:

Post a Comment