Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My College Course

My second week at UNO has had its ups and downs. Before attending this program I knew that college is way different from high school. Not only do the courses differ but the professors are different from regular high school teachers as well. At first it was hard getting used to the differences but I was able to overcome that.
The college class that I am taking is Native American Studies. It is a very interesting class, so far I have learn so many new things that I had never even heard of before. But I have learned all this new stuff by reading a lot and writing. I have to be responsible and look for my homework because most of the time the professor is not reminding us about the homework. In this class we are treated like the grownups we should be by now. It is dramatic change going from a high school class to a college one.
This class has motivated me to learn about my ancestors and to ask my parents questions about my heritage. It is very interesting learning about ones heritage and knowing exactly who one is. When the professor asked us who we were I instantly thought,” I am Mexican.” Now I know that there is more beyond being just Mexican.

No comments:

Post a Comment